I got a little stuck on a project this weekend, so for a change of pace I decided to remake an old puzzle game experiment and polish it up a bit.
Drag the small bars at the bottom to try and make the two graphs match up.
For more (or less) of a challenge, you can change the number of blocks using the boxes along the top. One or two blocks is obviously trivial, but it can get very challenging from six upwards.
The patterns the blocks make reminded me of paper chromatography experiments we did back at school, and my brother suggested they were a bit like X-rays, which apparently were once called “skiagraphs“. “Skia” comes from the Ancient Greek for “shadow”, which seemed appropriate, and in any case it sounds a lot better than “Block Puzzle”.
I wanted the interface to look like an LCD screen, so I’ve experimented with adding a couple of slightly unnecessary full screen effects. They eat quite a lot of CPU, so you can turn them off in the context menu if you prefer.